Delivering the benefits of digitally enabled healthcare together
The Australian Digital Health Agency (Agency) is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation and clinical quality and safety. The focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them. Established as a statutory authority in the form of a corporate Commonwealth entity, the Agency reports to State and Territory Health Ministers through the COAG Health Council.
Tasked with improving health outcomes for Australians through the delivery of digital healthcare systems and the national digital health strategy for Australia, the Agency commenced operations on 1 July 2016. The Agency is committed to the delivery of world leading digital health capabilities. Through an open, transparent and collaborative approach, the Agency is working with the health system to drive better health for all Australians, enabled by seamless, safe and secure digital health services and technologies.
On behalf of the Board of the Australian Digital Health Agency, we are seeking expressions of interest for the position of Chief Executive Officer. This role will suit an experienced senior leader who can confidently articulate the potential of Australian Digital Health Agency, and who demonstrates the vision, skills and business acumen to secure the organisation’s reputation and to lead the organisation into its next chapter of development, execution and strategic delivery. The CEO provides reporting and assurance to high-level stakeholders (Board, COAG Partners, clinical professions, health sector and end consumers) regarding the safety, quality and risk management strategies, robust governance frameworks, clinical adoption, privacy and security which underpins the Agency’s work. Experience in developing and leading an innovation culture while maintaining optimum probity and governance will be well regarded. Some of the key attributes sought include:
- Experience leading a service organisation with a complex stakeholder environment, with exposure to health, human services or relevant sectors.
- Strategic leadership and governance experience working successfully at senior levels and with the Board. Ability to identify and develop strategies aimed at business, operational and delivery improvement.
- Contemporary and highly empathic people leader with a strong track record of building a positive and collaborative high-performing workplace culture. Builds trust; inspires and motivates; is able to harness the collective capability of staff and key stakeholders to work towards a common goal.
- Ability to build organisational capability, drive results through accountability, ownership and innovation within a digital delivery environment.
- Significant exposure to the State and Commonwealth government or other regulatory environments where results have been achieved within regulatory boundaries.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement, influencing and negotiation in highly nuanced settings at senior levels with Commonwealth and State governments, peak bodies and membership organisations, clinicians, patients and consumers and other industry, business and community stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of program delivery, cybersecurity, integrity, legal, risk, compliance and regulatory frameworks that impact your operating context.
- Gravitas, political nous and is an exemplar of trust and integrity.
For a confidential discussion please call Jen D’Arcy-Smith, Partner 0449 967 781 or Daniel Nicholls, Partner 0450 948 868. Please send your application quoting Ref No 68885 to Watermark Search International.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to the email address used for your application.
Closing date: 21 February 2020