The future of work is NOW! Watermark Search International – Interim Management recently held a webinar in partnership with one of our Interim Executives, Natalie Ranki-Goldman on ‘The Future of Work Post COVID-19'.
Some of the key themes from our session are listed below as well as a link to view the entire webinar.
- There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach. Negotiation and communication is key for individuals/companies/clients to get the best flexible working outcomes
- Human centric approach – the focus is on health. No need to ‘soldier on’ as companies are putting employees first
- Trust. The Command & Control approach is in the past and Trust and Collaboration are the way forward
- The Quiet revolution – as roles within the family change, gender roles will be redefined
- The upside is less office infrastructure costs for organisations and a healthier more engaged workforce. Productivity remains the same, less costs means more profitability.
- Communication is key – the top 3 skills a good leader should possess as voted by our attendees – 98% communication, 63% adaptability and 54% empathy
- Leadership is the lynchpin. Strong role models will guide employees into the new world of work
- Huge challenges for leaders leading flexible/remote work teams – training is essential as is support
- Technology should be used to communicate with employees to keep levels of engagement, health and well-being in check
Innovation and Creativity
- Necessity is the mother of invention. We have proved that when pushed we can make changes
- Urgent attention to critical expertise gaps within organisations is needed, specifically IT/Digital
- Entrepreneurial thinking is key. Start-ups will flourish, offering new solutions and ways for customers to engage differently
- Many resources are already at our fingertips e.g. Zoom/Webex/Microsoft Teams/Google Meet/Cloud
You can watch the full recording of the webinar here.