V/Line is Victoria’s leading train service provider, having serviced regional Victoria for over thirty years.Weekly, V/Line schedules almost 2,000 train services and V/Line’s connecting coach services give V/Line an even further reach throughout regional Victoria.V/Line’s purpose and mission is to provide a connected and bright future for Victorians, and to deliver a modern, high-performing railway and coach service for all communities. V/Line is a Certified Customer Service Organisation against the International Customer Service Standard 2015-2020 (ICSS) and are focused on continuing to improve our customer service.
The Executive General Manager – Asset Management is accountable for the overall management and leadership of the Asset Management Function including the effective and efficient management of rail and non-rail access. Reporting to the CEO, the role provides leadership that fosters a culture focusing on safety, its’ customers and of being one team and ensures the V/Line value of “Think Customer; the customer is the centre of our service system” is embedded in everything we do. The Executive General Manager – Asset Management is responsible for providing staff a safe workplace where risks are identified, understood, and managed and that a safe environment for customers and visitors is maintained.
Ideal Person Specification
To meet the demands of this role, candidates will need to have:
· A significant depth of experience in large scale asset management planning gained in capital intensive sectors such as transport where there is a public safety imperative and a requirement to manage assets in real time to keep the network running.
· Multi asset class expertise and experience of delivering asset performance in line with ISO55000
· Strong leadership, strategic planning and business skills with a tangible record of significant asset management achievements within a diverse organisation operating in a dynamic environment.
· Extensive senior executive experience in assets such as: rail, track, signalling, aviation, utilities or similar complex business environments operating within a sensitive political and industrial environment.
· Highly developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively internally and externally within a complex stakeholder environment which includes the most senior levels of Government and Transport Industry representatives.
· Experience in managing large resource budgets with a focus on optimising value for money
· A contemporary people leader who can build an engaged and diverse team free from discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying.
· Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a similar discipline are mandatory.
For a confidential discussion please call Jen D’Arcy-Smith, Partner M: 0449 967 781 or Alison Myatt, Head of Research M: 0412 630 817. Please send your application quoting Ref No 69309 to Watermark Search International. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to the email address used for your application.
Closing date: 11:59pm, 1 August 2021.