The pathway beyond gender diversity, board diversity in all its forms. Watermark Search International partnered with The Governance Institute of Australia to host a webinar panel discussion. The panel delved into the five areas of board diversity that we covered in our recent Board Diversity Index; Gender, Culture, Skills, Age and Tenure & Independence.
Our excellent panel consisted of:
Megan Motto – Chief Executive Officer, The Governance Institute of Australia
David Evans – Managing Partner, Watermark Search International
Caroline Waldron – Non-Executive Director, Southern Cross Care
Kate Russel – Director of Business Operations, Department of Regional NSW and Board Director, NSW Aboriginal Land Council
Warrick Cramer, Innovator, Entrepreneur, Strategist and Executive
It was an important and insightful discussion by our great panel members who answered the below questions:
- How are organisations handling diversity in their workplace?
- Should we adopt quotas to encourage broader board diversity or is this just a quick fix?
- What should organisations be doing to ensure they are conducting best practices regarding all forms of diversity?
- How can we encourage broader Aboriginal representation on boards?
- Does unconscious bias exist in the workplace?
- How can we think beyond the traditional pathways to gain board positions?
- Do diverse boards lead to diverse leadership teams?
- Do boards discuss the benefits of diversity or are they just trying to meet a quota?
You can watch the full recording of the webinar here.
< Embed video here >