The Parliament of Victoria is seeking applications for a suitably qualified and experienced person to fulfil the role of an Independent member of its Audit Committee.
Role and Purpose
The purpose of the Audit Committee is to provide independent and objective oversight on areas of compliance and financial governance, assisting the Presiding Officers in the discharge of their duties.
Skills & Experience
The Audit Committee is ideally looking to add the following skills and experience to the Committee:
- Strong credentials in financial stewardship, tertiary qualification preferred.
- Deep and current understanding of the digital and technology landscape, with particular emphasis on cyber security and IT/IS risk management.
- Strategic and commercial mindset balanced with a good understanding of public interest and purpose.
- Solid executive level experience. Current or previous experience as a Non-Executive Director is desirable.
- Human resources management and organisation development experience would be an asset.
An annual Director’s fee is paid in accordance with the Appointment and remuneration Guidelines issued by the State Government of Victoria.
Applications are invited from persons interested in being considered for appointment to the Audit Committee. Your applications should include a covering letter and a current resume that details your professional expertise, qualifications, experience and capabilities in relation to this appointment. For more information and the Candidate Brief please callJen D’Arcy-SmithM: 0449 967781 orAlison MyattM: 0412 630817.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: Midnight 9 August 2020.