For 106 years, Red Cross has stood with Australians through disasters, emergencies and the other challenges life throws at us. The current times are no exception.
Australian Red Cross is part of the international Red Cross, Red Crescent Movement which supports and empowers communities and people in times of vulnerability. Underpinning this are thousands of volunteers and members who are embedded in their communities leading locally relevant humanitarian action, a growing online community and hundreds of thousands of supporters. Red Cross is proactively leading the significant changes needed to survive and thrive in the rapidly changing external environment.
Reporting to a dynamic and transformational Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer will require extensive experience. The Red Cross has annual revenue of c$300m, is finalising its strategic plans with a focus on being agile, dynamic and able to allocate resources more efficiently than ever before. The shift in the business model will include using digital, big data and artificial intelligence, to respond to the changing operating environment in a contemporary way.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, resource constrained and evolving work environment, balancing competing projects and priorities. You will be comfortable delegating and managing others in a constructive way, as well as partnering effectively with the CEO, your executive team colleagues and the Board.
You will need:
- Substantial proven experience as a CFO for organisations with revenue of greater than $300 m, broad COO experience and demonstrated proficiency in overseeing all corporate services.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with Boards and Board Committees.
- Experience in and be able to demonstrate strategic planning skills and its implementation.
- Leadership experience in organisational transformation.
- Strong Risk Management experience.
- CA or CPA qualification (mandatory).
- A solid grasp of the potential of emerging technologies including the use of data analysis, data insights and performance metrics to enhance Red Cross’ ability to respond in a proactive way that harnesses the power of new tools.
- A high level of commercial and financial acumen and can navigate a highly complex ecosystem in this high-profile registered charity setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will be:
- A strategic leader who can operationalise and implement strategy combined with highly developed analytical, conceptual and critical thinking skills including through change.
- A contemporary people leader with a strong track record of building a positive and collaborative high-performing culture that is strongly aligned with the organisation’s mission and values.
- An inclusive leader who leads with integrity, credibility and gravitas
The ideal candidate can include:
- A current CEOs with the above skills who wishes to accept a new challenge.
- Exposure to the Corporate, Government and NfP/NGO sectors.
We will reply to the email address used for your application. Closing date: 30 April 2020 (midnight).