- Pivotal Operational HR leadership role
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Implement strategic workforce policies, programs and processes.
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is a volunteer and community-based fire and emergency services organisation which helps protect 3.3 million Victorians, and more than one million homes and properties across the state. The CFA works with Victoria's emergency services to protect lives and property with 1,217 brigades in 21 districts across 5 regions. The CFA has over 54,600 volunteers and 2,772 staff members.
The CFA’s key operations are the delivery of prevention, preparedness, response and recovery, and organisational support services for fires and other emergencies. In response to the changing nature of Victoria as the state grows and evolves there is an increasing demand for Victoria’s fire services so that they can meet the needs of our rapidly changing state – now and into the future.
Reporting to the Executive Director People, Culture and Safety, the Executive Manager People Services is an integral and pivotal operational HR leadership role. It will have an important role in the shaping of the workplace environment and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, Government and CFA policies and industrial agreements. The key areas of responsibility are:
- Operational HR – all HR shared services including payroll services, establishment, recruitment and selection, policies and procedures, application of various industrial agreements and executive employment contract.
- Workplace Relations advisory and representation services.
- Providing HR business partnering within the business areas.
- Complaints management.
This role will suit a high performing HR generalist who is a highly-skilled problem solver and committed to policy, systems and process improvement initiatives that provide effective employee services and management advisory services. Some industrial relations expertise would be an asset.
- Tertiary and/or postgraduate qualifications in human resource management, employment law or other relevant discipline or field.
- Demonstrated experience and achievement at a senior level in the management and leadership in delivering a wide range of employee services and management advisory services within a large and complex operational environment.
- Strong people management skills and a consultative and collaborative leadership and management style.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven ability to analyse and advise executive and senior management on complex people issues.
- Proven experience and capability in the management of organisational change and service improvement.
- A broad understanding of the public sector environment would be an advantage.
This role is located at the CFA headquarters, Burwood, Victoria and will initially be for a two-year fixed-term contract. For more information please call Jen D’Arcy-Smith 03 8629 1307 or Susan Conyers 03 8629 1333. Please send your resume and cover letter quoting Ref No 68834 to Watermark Search International or by clicking the apply button below. Closing date: 13 November 2019.