- High level strategic and thought leadership
- Lead a broad program of multiple reform projects
- Demonstrated understanding of the transport sector
The National Transport Commission (NTC) leads national land transport reform in support of Australian governments to improve safety, productivity, environmental outcomes and regulatory efficiency. Established under Commonwealth legislation through an intergovernmental agreement, NTC is funded by the Commonwealth, states and territories.
At NTC, the work of national transport reform is organised around four pillars:
- Future Technologies
The Executive Leader, Strategy and Engagement is a new senior leadership role reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and is part of the NTC leadership team. This position will provide leadership and direction for the delivery of strategic planning and consulting services to guide and support the NTC work program. This includes setting the organisational strategy and direction and assisting with strategy implementation.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Communicate effectively and proactively
- Have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of high-level strategy development and implementation practices in the transport or a similar sector
- Thrive when leading and managing a broad program of multiple reform projects
- Have a track record in thought leadership and identifying solutions to complex problems
- Be adept at building enduring relationships while navigating a complex, nuanced and politically sensitive stakeholder environment
- Enjoy bringing out the best in a team of motivated and intelligent people through creating a positive workplace culture
- Exhibit a high level of personal credibility and gravitas with the capacity to engage with and represent the NTC productively at senior levels with transport industry representatives, Commonwealth, state and territory jurisdictions
- Be intellectually curious and will thrive on the challenge of solving complex policy reform problems in collaboration with other people.
Closing date: 16 August 2019