The Northern Territory’s Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture is seeking an exceptional executive to join the leadership team and play a key role in increasing visitation, protecting, conserving and managing the Territory’s parks and reserves.
The Executive Director will lead a geographically dispersed team of over 300, with responsibility for 85 parks and reserves, covering over 46,000 square kilometres, 33 of which are jointly managed with Traditional Owners. The role requires strong strategic leadership and cross-cultural skills together with contemporary parks, wildlife and heritage management experience.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role will focus on:
- Leading and inspiring the parks, wildlife and heritage teams
- Protecting and providing improved access to parks, reserves and heritage assets
- Growing partnerships and brokering commercial opportunities on parks to improve the visitor experience
- Facilitating and managing investment in park infrastructure
- Participating as part of the Department’s senior leadership team
- Providing sound strategic advice to the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Culture regarding parks and heritage matters
- Playing a key role in the Northern Territory Public Service
This Darwin based role offers a unique opportunity to experience the landscape, culture and complexity of the Territory and make a significant contribution to its economic growth whilst protecting the parks, reserves and heritage sites for future generations.
For more information please contact Claire Crawford Tel: (02) 9233 1200. Please send an application quoting Ref No. 68791 to Watermark Search International. Email: email@example.com Closing date: 30th August 2019