Strategic leader of teaching and learning programs – VET, Higher Education and VCE/VCAL
Drive innovative, responsive and contemporary education programs
Executive leadership team – reports to the CEO
Chisholm is Victoria’s premier public vocational education and training provider, with campuses located across Melbourne and the southeast.
About the Role
The Executive Director – Teaching and Learning will support the CEO in ensuring that Chisholm provides the best possible education, training and learning experiences for all student cohorts across all education sectors (inclusive of Vocational Education, Higher Education and VCE/VCAL). This role is an integral part of the Chisholm executive team as it provides the strategic leadership in leading the development and implementation of teaching and learning approaches that support the delivery areas to strive for excellence, through innovative and responsive education that continuously meets the needs of the students, employers and industry.
This position is accountable for driving Chisholm’s education strategy that is cognisant of and adapts to emerging trends as well as providing a foundation for the provision of sound educational planning, responsive pedagogy/andragogy and diversity in delivery modes. As a member of the Executive Director Group this role ensures educational excellence, manages financial and budget requirements, creates business growth and maintains a motivated, respectful working team environment within the Business Group and wider Institute.
Chisholm is seeking a candidate who has:
- Demonstrated successful experience at a senior management level in a tertiary environment with the ability to work collaboratively with executive colleagues.
- Substantial educational understanding and experience in the strategic leadership, planning and managing of Vocational and Higher Education delivery.
- Proven experience in planning programs, learning materials and teaching delivery plans in an adult learning environment where the learners are from a broad range of backgrounds.
- The ability to drive the development of new products, services and educational delivery methodologies in response to changing stakeholder needs and new market opportunities that translate into business growth outcomes.
- Contemporary people leader who can inspire, motivate and harness the individual capabilities to deliver on the collective vision. Proven experience in a complex management role including leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to drive business and operational planning, delivery and performance.
- Accomplished at fostering high-quality stakeholder relationships; negotiation and influencing at a range of levels in complex environments, ideally including internal, industry, government and community stakeholders.
- Highly effective communicator with strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
It is essential that you have relevant tertiary qualifications including in education, preferably at the postgraduate level.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Chisholm Institute has engaged Watermark Search International as their search partner. For more information, please contact Jen D’Arcy Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8629 1307. To apply, please send an application quoting Ref No 68637 to Watermark Search International. Email: email@example.com. We will reply to the email address used for your application.
Closing date: Midnight Wednesday 20 February 2019
Applications should include:
- A covering letter
- Curriculum vitae
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- Valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- Verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.