Yarra Trams in Melbourne is the largest light rail network in the world. It is accountable for the asset performance of more than 450 trams, 500km of track and overhead together with the supporting information technology. With approximately 500 people working on this and a budget of $200M+, this is a critical function driving continuous improvement within a significant Asset portfolio. Effectively managing the assets is the key focus for this role on behalf of Keolis Downer, the Franchise Operator and the State of Victoria.
The Executive Director Asset Performance will also develop and implement the strategy and policies required to ensure Yarra Trams achieves and maintains ISO55001 compliance by November 2019 and meets its Franchise obligations for Asset Management.
Yarra Trams is seeking to appoint a senior leader into the role of Executive Director, Asset Performance to lead and manage the development of whole of life asset strategies and asset management plans for all Yarra Trams maintained fixed and rolling stock assets. The role is tasked with ensuring that investment in the maintenance of assets is optimised to provide value for money in a complex environment of competing needs and achievement of safety, reliability, environmental and service outcomes.
The Executive Director, Asset Performance reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and has full accountability, responsibility and discretionary powers to perform all activities relevant to the position, receiving only broad direction and operating with a significant degree of autonomy. A key influencer, the Executive Director will be expected to take a strategic leadership view of balancing future state and with results now, taking into account asset management, engineering, commercial and financial objectives.
Ideal Person Specification
To meet the demands of this role, candidates will need to have:
- A significant depth of experience in large scale asset management planning gained in capital intensive sectors such as transport where there is a public safety imperative and a requirement to manage assets in real time to keep the network running.
- Multi asset class expertise and experience of delivering asset performance in line with ISO55000
- Strong leadership, strategic planning and business skills with a tangible record of significant commercial achievements within a diverse organisation operating in a dynamic environment.
- Extensive senior executive experience in assets, engineering, project management or similar complex business environments operating within a sensitive political and industrial environment.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively internally and externally within a complex stakeholder environment which includes the most senior levels of Government and Transport Industry representatives.
- Experience in managing large resource budgets with a focus on optimising value for money
- A contemporary people leader who can build an engaged and diverse team free from discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a similar discipline are mandatory.
For more information, please call Jen D’Arcy-Smith on (03) 8629 1307 or send an application quoting Ref No 68648 addressing the key selection criteria to Watermark Search International. Email: email@example.com. Closing date: Sunday 17 February 2019.