headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation operating across the country to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young Australians.
An exciting opportunity exists for a financial executive to join headspace, to play a pivotal strategic leadership role in the organisation’s future growth and success. We invite exceptionally talented, passionate and well-regarded executives who are looking to make a difference through the best use of proven skills and experience to join headspace on our mission to ensure all young Australians are supported to be mentally healthy and engaged in their communities.
The Chief Financial Officer, as part of the headspace Executive, has responsibility for the effective and efficient management of all aspects of headspace finance and business operations including administration, building management and legal. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the headspace Board, this role oversees the management of a funding allocation of approximately $65 million, payroll of over 350 staff and oversight of 8 sites. Responsible for the strategic and operational management and leadership of the Finance, Corporate Services and General Counsel, this role has three direct reports supported by their teams to provide business services to headspace departments and programs in relation to financial, legal, building or administrative areas.
The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- Minimum degree qualification (accounting – preferably public accounting, finance, economics or business combined with current accreditation as a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Experience in financial and management reporting, including monitoring profitability, cash flow and business objectives.
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach with demonstrated C-suite experience of strategic leadership and delivery in a complex environment.
- A broad understanding of the mental health service system in Australia would be desirable.
- Executive experience in a large not for profit / charitable organisation would also be highly regarded.
Please send an application quoting Ref no 68616 to Watermark Search International. Email: email@example.com. We will reply to the email address used for your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jen D’Arcy-Smith on (03) 8629 1307.
Closing date: 9am 05 December 2018.